View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 06:00 PM   #12
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
... I don't use any media calls for KF8, so there's little or no difference between the Mobi 7 and KF8 versions of my books.
I find mobi doesn't render as well as KF8.

When reading on my Kindle Voyage, adjusting line-height works well when it's KF8, but I find the line-height increments too small to be useful to me when the book is mobi format.

Using Kindle for iOS with font set to Helvetica, text from a mobi will look spidery thin and gray whereas text from a KF8 will be solid black. Strangely, this only happens with Helvetica; the other fonts are identical whether it's mobi7 or KF8. Also, this only happens with iOS apps, not Kindle for Mac or Kindle Voyage. I think it's a bug.

I actually use this as a quick test. Before buying a book, I'll download a sample onto my iPad and set the font to Helvetica to see if it's likely to be mobi or KF8.

Last edited by odamizu; 03-09-2015 at 06:02 PM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote