View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #21
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
@DoctorOhh

I had a 10 inches iPad 3 but that's too heavy for PDFs, at least for me. After a few min, you start to feel the weight. The iPad 2 was lighter, but still.

I found that the iPad mini in landscape, with GoodReader is a good compromise. Fast, fluid, with 4G, so I can follow links and URLs embedded in my IT books. With Nexus I wasn't able to, unless I was at home or with free wifi at range. And the weird screen ratio of the Nexus was really annoying to me, too narrow. Not saying the Nexus was a bad tablet, actually loved the resolution, but I like the mini better.

I don't real novels :-) ... usually ...

By the way, I've tried and spend hundreds if not thousand of dollars on several tablets, including Android ones, so I'm talking by experience. Of course, that may or may not be your opinion, but I certainly enjoy a light device on my hands giving the case that I read a lot, especially IT related books, which are perfect for iPad and PDF format.

Last edited by jocampo; 04-19-2013 at 06:27 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote