View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Ever since reading John Steinbeck's Travels With Charley in my teens, I'm either planning a road trip or actually on a road trip. I've been to churches from Philadelphia to New Orleans to Santa Cruz because Steinbeck considered Sunday church services to be an essential travel activity. I doubt Steinbeck attended church any more often than I when not on a road trip.

But wait...before Steinbeck inflamed my passion for road trips, there was Robert Service with 'The Wanderlust', 'The Spell of the Yukon', and 'Rhymes of a Rolling Stone'. Because of Service, I've been chewed by an inexhaustible supply of mosquitoes in the Yukon, been assisted in changing a tire on a remote desert road by a nude stranger (he was leaving a clothing-optional hot springs but was not yet ready to adjust to civilization), and have had my travel trailer torn apart by Federales in Mexico in search of mysterious cargo.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote