View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #194
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbspringer View Post
I upgraded from 5.0 to 5.03. Went with the 503 jailbreak. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...USB_Networking

I installed the USBnet succesfully. Example to connect from Linux: ifconfig usb0 192.168.15.1; ssh root@192.168.15.244

now I get:

root@buntus-desktop:/home/mbs# ifconfig usb0 192.168.15.1; ssh root@192.168.15.244
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
1e:2d:4f:9a:3d:d2:68:72:f5:03:ad:ce:7c:4d:aa:af.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts:1
RSA host key for 192.168.15.244 has changed and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.

what can I do to resolve this issue ?
The error message tells you how to fix it. It says: "Add correct host key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message."

I have multiple kindles that use 192.168.15.244, and they have different RSA keys. Changing the key in the known_hosts file just makes the problem come back when you plug in a different kindle using that IP address. You could copy the RSA private key inside the kindles to the other kindles so they all match. Or you could do like I did and replace the known_hosts file on my host PC with a symlink to /dev/null. Now when I SSH in it just has a one line notice that it is "permanently" adding a new key (to /dev/null).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote