View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #105
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hi Lisa,

Am I correct in believing that you are the manufacturer of the Bookeen CyBook?
Interestingly enough, I had to fill out an FCC740 form regarding what was in the package (still waiting for FedEx to process the form - got the call from their FedEx/US Customs rep (back in New York) about 10 minutes before 5PM Eastern time) and to assist in my completing the form, the nice rep sent me a copy of the customs shipment contents form from Netronix. Even though this is a completely assembled EB-100, it was broken down into separate lists on the form. One was for the e-ink display and the other was for the rest of the assembly - except for the battery which got it's own listing. For the assembly, the description was augmented with this line of data:
Bookeen/ED060KB2/EB001/V.A Hmmm... So the case and computer guts are the same as the Bookeen Cybook Gen3.

Funny thing was that the rep was curious as to exactly what the purpose of the EPE bag (I think that's an anti-static envelope), the Bubble bag (DUH! Ever heard of protection for fragile objects! ) and the Plastic Membrane. Okay, that last might not be too obvious for someone who's been sitting in a bomb shelter for the past several decades, but anyone who's bought and used any hand-held device with screen knows that the P.M. is used to protect the display from scratches! He even asked me whether I thought perhaps the EPE bag might be made of volatile and unstable chemicals! (I just *love* the era of Department of Homeland Security and the USA PATRIOT Act - not!)

Still, I gained confirmation that the battery is made by HECELL and is their 3.7V 1AH 56x33x5mm unit - if anyone wants to order one as a spare. It's cheaper than the Bookeen-available one.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote