View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
ToBuyOrNotToBuy
ToBuyOrNotToBuy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Question Are pdf novels hard to read on Kobo? Should I buy a Kobo?

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking around here for a couple days trying to figure out if I should buy the Kobo at Borders for $99 during their sale. (extended to 1/20/11)

Money is really tight for me so it's kind of a big deal. I want to be sure before I buy. I hadn't considered getting an ereader 'til I saw this sale and realized that I could borrow library ebooks instead of having to buy books for it--which is not an option.

My problem is that the digital library available to me has about 30+ epub books I want to read but many more pdf novels I'm interested in. But it sounds like pdf ebooks may be too small to read on the Kobo. Turning it on it's side to zoom and scrolling (slowly?) 3 times to get through a page sounds like a real pain. Is this a real problem or am I just confusing full sized pdf document problems with pdf ebooks?

These library pdfs seem to be drm protected so I can't just reformat them somewhere. Right?

I also spent quite some time looking for free ebooks on the internet but couldn't find much that interested me. (I mostly want spicy romance novels, if someone knows some secret vault of freebies on the web somewhere!)

Also, I don't know if you need this info but all of the ebooks at my digital library are adobe epub, adobe pdf, and mobipocket. Btw, this is the Southern California Digital Library. Are there other digital libraries I can use?

Can anyone advise me? Thanks ahead of time.
ToBuyOrNotToBuy is offline   Reply With Quote