View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:41 AM   #4
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Based on my (limited) experience I would recommend Sandisk.

Kobo uses a Sandisk card (class 2 or 4) for its internal storage, and I have used both Sandisk 8GB class 4 and Sandisk Ultra 16GB class 10 with no problems. Class 10 doesn't seem to have much advantage over class 4, but it can make transferring books from computer to reader faster.
I second this. Sandisk have been the most consistent cards for me in a number of devices.
For this type of use I would get a class 2 or 4 Sandisk. The size of ebooks is small so the speed difference is not worth paying for. In addition the faster cards are actually slower on small block IO and seeking speeds. Only reason I would ever opt for them is video.
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote