View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #181
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Welcome aboard! Glad you've joined us.

As for the reading plan, yeah, sometimes it works and other times no so much. I decided to make one becuase I have so many books I want to read, and its so easy to get distracted and drift away. That, plus, I've burned myself out before sticking with just one series - reading it back to back, and I want to avoid that as much as possible.
To create a little more order and reduce the indecision, I created a "Priority List" of about 230 books (out of my 1000+ TBR). Since I still found myself meandering, yesterday I took everything off the Kindle except the books on that list, and next time I hook up the Kindle it'll stick it on there for me. I figure what will happen is, over time, I'll repeatedly pass over some of those books and realize I need to move them off the Priority List.

I remember I tried to read the first two Dresden Files back to back and it was just too much. That seems to only happen with Fantasy series, though. With more general fiction, I don't get the same burn out. I read the Sentence of Marriage trilogy straight through. But it's no wonder I found myself missing Harry - I checked, and I had finished Grave Peril way back on May 1st.

Question for those who are ahead of me:
Spoiler:
Thomas makes his next appearance in #5, correct?
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote