View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #737
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
The first Black Mask Pulps collection - Doors in the Dark that's on sale at Downpour. I've got the 3rd collection up next in the queue. It features Dashiell Hammett's Maltese Falcon, and I couldn't possibly pass that up.

It's interesting listening to this genre as opposed to reading it off the page. I found out that my internal voice for the written word with old pulps sounds remarkably like Humphrey Bogart. Had to make the adjustment for other, non-Bogey narrators with the audiobooks.

Really enjoying them and recommend highly to anyone who liked any of Penzler's other collections or old hardboiled fiction in general.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote