View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
omnivorous
omnivorous began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Exclamation Command Line problems: ebook-convert, ebook-meta with tags: --series, --series-index

I think I have found bugs in both ebook-convert.exe and ebook-meta.exe relating to the --series, --series-index and --index tags.

I'm using calibre version 0.7.26 on Windows XP

I tried to create a mobi file with all the meta data, but the series data is not stored.

Here is what I did first :
---------------------------

"C:\Program Files\Calibre2\ebook-convert.exe" "C:\Temp\eBookScan.htm" "C:\Temp\eBookScan.mobi" --cover "C:\Temp\Cover_Gray16.jpg" --output-profile kindle --isbn "0552083879" --authors "Louis L'Amour" --title "Mustang Man" --publisher "Transworld Publishers Limited" --pubdate "1985-11-15" --tags "Fiction, Westerns" --language "en"

This worked, and all the tags were stored.

Then when I added the tags for series and index:
------------------------------------------------

"C:\Program Files\Calibre2\ebook-convert.exe" "C:\Temp\eBookScan.htm" "C:\Temp\eBookScan.mobi" --cover "C:\Temp\Cover_Gray16.jpg" --output-profile kindle --isbn "0552083879" --authors "Louis L'Amour" --title "Mustang Man" --publisher "Transworld Publishers Limited" --pubdate "1985-11-15" --tags "Fiction, Westerns" --language "en" --series "The Sacketts" --series-index "6"

This seemed to have worked, but the series data is not stored:

I also tried adding the series data using the ebook-meta.exe program.
Note that the --series-index parameter in this program is actually --index.

Here is what I tried:

"C:\Program Files\Calibre2\ebook-meta.exe" "C:\Temp\eBookScan.mobi" --series "The Sacketts" --index "6"

This did not work, it showed the "Original metadata" and "Changed metadata" to be the same.

Finally, I just used the --comments tag to store the series information until this is fixed, as in:
--comments "The Sacketts Series, #6"

Later I can do a batch meta update script to automatically pull this out and write it correctly into the series fields.
omnivorous is offline   Reply With Quote