View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #1
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Dictionary, Webster's: Webster's Dictionary 1913, v1, 22 Nov 07

Well, I was going to upload this dictionary, but it is over 13MB and the forum software won't let me upload anything over 10MB. If someone will make the necessary changes and let me know, I'll upload the file. I tried using Mobipocket's proprietary high-compression, but after two hours and only half-done, I gave up and used regular compression.

The dictionary is based on the 1913 edition of Webster's (with minor edits). I have reformatted and converted it to a Mobipocket dictionary. I don't have any devices on which to test this dictionary, so I am interested in knowing if it works for you. I am particularly interested in knowing how well it works on the Cybook, as that is what I will probably buy when I have the funds.

BTW, there is a more modern, much larger free dictionary that I can post later, after finding out how well this one works.

Edit: The forum software apparently looks at the file extension and not the actual MIME type, so I had to rename the two parts of the Zip file. The original names were Webster1913.zip.001 and Webster1913.zip.002. This is using 7Zip. Other Zip software may be different.

EDIT: 20 Feb 08 by HarryT - Added dictionary as a single file attachment for ease of use; thanks to DMcCunney for providing this.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Webster1913.prc (13.75 MB, 12813 views)

Last edited by jbenny; 11-22-2007 at 09:26 PM.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote