View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #11
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Yeah I know, that's why I'm not particularly concerned (yet), and if they mess up then they can give a nice credit on my account to apologise

There must be such a huge pile of the things, I can't help feeling a tad sorry for the poor sods dealing with it.
It is normally very well organized and automatized, no human hands at work until each individual box reaches its dispatcher. Kindle boxes are literally travelling on a production chain ankered to the ceiling, until the end of the chain where those boxes are then lowered in bigger boxes, which are then forked in a container, then attached to a lorry cabin. No single human hand touches those boxes. From then on it's lorry transport till the main sorting facility, where the container is opened, the big boxes are being forked out and set on a conveyor belt that moves them up to the automatized arm that takes the smaller boxes out. From then on in goes through the scan, where the destination for each box is being read and the boxes are then dispatched automatically on various smaller conveyor belts according to their final destination. At the end of the belt another arm puts them in bigger boxes again, and then, either a fork or a human being indeed carries them inside a small transporter, which drives them to the final delivery station, where they will be at last sorted out manually and dispatched for delivery.

At least that is how it works in Germany.

Last edited by aceflor; 10-08-2013 at 04:42 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote