View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I lived in LA for a few years, and I immediately started to suspect there was something a little off with the environmental rules when my 8 year old Chevy with federal emissions system, never having had a tuneup and having just driven 3000 miles across country to get there, passed the smog test with results better than the California emissions requirements.
The hazardous chemical labeling laws are funny, too.
Cars are way better.
Computer controls adjust things to keep emissions in 'Spec'.

My 2001 Nissan just passed a full smog (treadmill) with 120K miles.
Basically change Air filter and Spark plugs, which lasted 80K miles (I was lucky to get 10K out of my older cars without GAP adjustment).
The Numbers were not as good as a test 5 years ago, but still within margin.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote