View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #13
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Oh, you and NiLuJe, you just don't understand my priorities anyway , but hey, my birthday is coming soon, just sayin'
Hehe... I think it's just a different mindset. I can only speak for myself, but I'm assuming that it's similar for the other "nerds" around here: the fun part is to understand how the system works, and to modify it to work the way that we want it to work, instead of how it was originally programmed. The end result isn't really all that important (but of course, it's beneficial if that result proves to be useful - and I agree with AntoineKamel: if I were to pick a single patch, I'd take the "alignment and hyphenation" one, because it has a dramatic effect on readability [yes, I actually use the Kindle to read books... at times ] ). Think about it like playing with Lego bricks: I always had more fun assembling the toys, rather than actually playing with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ixtab: That makes me think: what's the issue with your Fonts Hack kindlet on the PW? (I haven't tried running it, but given the fact that JBPatch & CM's UI looked mostly fine on the PW, I figured I had to ask ;D).
There isn't really an issue -- well, at least, I hope so. Just like the JBPatch UI, the FontHack UI should continue to work without problems. But I'm not sure if the underlying methods to modify the fontconfig configuration work as-is on the PW, or if they need to be adapted. In short: nobody has really tried/tested it yet on the PW, and therefore I'm not releasing it for that device. As simple as that
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote