View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
snookums
Connoisseur
snookums doesn't littersnookums doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Who here is a Book Collector?

Outside of eBooks, is there anyone here who likes to collect signed first editions from their favorite authors. I have just gotten into this little habit after reading Book Finds, 3rd Edition. I bought two signed first editions of The Invention of Hugo Cabret on the advice of my sister's teacher friend who has a knack for picking out Caldecott Medal winners. I bought both for $50 apiece, and the book was awarded the 2008 Caldecott Medal just recently. They are both worth at least $100 now. I'm going to hold on to them a little longer since the book has been optioned into a movie. Martin Scorsese is supposed to be directing it for Warner Bros. I figure the books will only increase in value when the movie comes out.

Those were an investment decision. Purely for my own delight I recently purchased a numbered first edition of Libba Bray's Sweet Far Thing. I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

So is there anyone else here who is a collector? (In the rarity sense, not the keeping enough paperbacks to be declared a fire hazard sense )
snookums is offline   Reply With Quote