View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #21
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I love my dictionary and use it all the time. Occasionally in contemporary books a word comes up and I don't know the meaning. And for older books there are frequently archaic words I don't know. One of the best things about my Pocketbook 360 is the support for multiple dictionaries. I use the Oxford Learners Dictionary for modern books, but Webster 1913 for old books. The Websters, while fairly useless for contemporary vocabulary, is wonderful for those archaic words that have fallen out of use.

While I never had the dictionary next to me when I read paperbooks, I am so accustomed to it now I'd really miss it. I think my reading experience is richer for it. I'd previously just try to work out the meaning by context and go on. Now I actually learn something.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote