View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #44
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Pynch:

Are you familiar with the Paris Review Interview Series? Because we had four volumes in the house, I grew up reading them. If you don't know it already, I thought you might enjoy this low-key and charitable assessment of Joyce from an interview with Nabokov.

(Source)

And then Nabokov goes on to praise H. G. Wells.
I wasn’t familiar with this, thanks, Prestidigitweeze. Is it possible that he was a little bored by the interviewer’s questions and wanted to spice things up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
What!!!??? Molly's chapter is NOT the weakest chapter in the book!! It's the best one!!!
The last chapter is certainly great, FlorenceArt, but my vote goes to the Ithaca episode, for finding poetry in science.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote