View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
sfernald
Zealot
sfernald doesn't littersfernald doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
The concept that more sales means a better product is complete nonsense. People buy things that are crappy and expensive, because they're popular. Period. Even when cheaper and better products are available, they will get the popular one.

This is not a comment on either phone, because I don't know anything about them, just a comment on that theory that more sales proves a better product.

Thank you.
In terms of a cell phone, I think that good sales is not proof but is strong evidence of a good product, a product that really works well, when there are so many products out there they can have for free with just signing up for a plan.

People are not stupid these days - the internet informs them of flaws and they will test them at the apple store before purchasing. Users have to pay quite a bit more for an iphone than most phones and also $60 a month to use the iphone on an ongoing basis so they are probably only going to do so if they really like it.

Apple sits on a huge pedestal and people love throwing rocks at it whenever they can. This was not a bad product like the Cube and some others. Sales seems to be growing. Everybody I know (in OC area) either owns one or wants one.

But in any case, the 4M in sales will make the product a better product in that apple will focus more time and energy on it, making more updates and improvements. More applications will be released. It has a really, really bright and promising future thanks to its success so far and that it worth taking into consideration.
sfernald is offline   Reply With Quote