View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #674
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucko View Post
I'm sorry Micah, I had no idea.

But since I got your attention at this forum I would like to take the opportunity to present my suggestions here.

I think you should insert a fast forward- and a fast rewind button to make it easier to jump between chapters.

I'm aware that there's a content-button for jumping to a specific chapter. But if you just want to "scroll" through the chapters, not knowing which one your looking for, thats not a good alternative.

I also think there should be an option to jump to a specific page (That's what the empty white square in my picture representing).

Just recently I got an other idea, but it may seem a little stupid.

But wouldn't it be cool if it was possible to flip through pages by sound? Imagine laying down in bed with your iThing resting against a pillow and not even have to move a finger to flip to the next page - all you would have to do is make a small sound of any kind. (This would certainly make your app more handicap friendly as well.)

So Micah... What do you think?

This is a suggestion of what the app could look like with "chapter-flipping-buttons" and a square for inserting a certain page number:
The Fast forward is a good idea. I had that in earlier designs. The "go to page" is a must and has been on the list. And the sound thing is quite inventive. I'll ponder that. I think I myself might use that. Tricky to get it tuned just right though so that ambient sound does not page you around when you are trying to read.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote