View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #71
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
If a bitch means a female dog and I'm referring to a female dog, then what's the big deal???
That, I find I must agree with. There's a character in Garth Nix's Lirael who, when she appears, introduces herself as "I'm the Disreputable Dog. Actually, the Disreputable Bitch, to be more exact. When are we going for a walk?" It never even occurred to me that this should have been censored given the marketing category of the book. Because... the character is a female dog. (And I'm sure the folks who don't let their kids watch Spongebob wouldn't like this book anyway, for more reasons than that, even though I consider it quite a good-- and original-- examination of good vs. evil.)

I also have a book titled Getting in Touch with your Inner Bitch by Elizabeth Hilts (illustrations by Nicole Hollander) that I quite like. One of those "reclaim your word" kind of things.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote