View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #67
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
One other religious oddity. Another family that lives in the neighborhood will not let their kids watch most cartoons especially Spongebob Squarepants. Their rationale is that since sponges can't really talk it must be magic which is the work of the devil. I've actually heard this firsthand. A lot of fundamentalist types live around here.
How do they feel about Disney cartoons? After all, mice and ducks can't talk...

Quote:
My kids watch Spongebob and so do I.
For reasons that elude me, Spongebob seems to have been taken up by the gay male community, and things like Spongebob keyrings are popular accessories. One can only imagine what your fundamentalist neighbors would think about that.

I watch Spongebob once in a while. My main reaction is that someone on the writing staff has done time in fast food joints. Spongebob's employer is "drawn from the life".
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote