View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyletters View Post
Perhaps I am misunderstanding something, but what limited advice I have been given, by a salesman, is that the software you install on an Ebook Reader is deliberately written to restrict downloading to legitimate products, and that if the software does not recognise anything you are attempting to download, it will reject your efforts. Hence, I am concerned that in creating my own files; in pdf, or whatever; the software will reject my attempts to install my own files on the Reader. This is a concern for me, because it would restrict the usage I could, and want to, make of an Ebook Reader.
That is incorrect. A reader which supports DRM allows protected books to be read if they are "tied to" your reader (i.e. if you bought them). However, unprotected documents, such as your own, are perfectly useable!
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote