View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 04:35 PM   #20
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
I think that procedure only clears DRM registration files, and doesn't reflash any filesystems (where would it get the fs images?).
Unless it had a backup flash or ROM. Depends on the hardware architecture, I guess. My co. uses Axis Etrax processors, which have a built-in recovery mechanism - you can force the processor into network or serial reflash modes by closing certain circuits. I don't know if there is a similar way of getting things to normal in the Reader, it wouldn't be too expensive to put something like a 16MB extra flash chip in there for full recovery to a known "original state"...

Last edited by porkupan; 10-25-2006 at 05:23 PM.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote