View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 10:56 PM   #769
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I agree. I have a feeling that there won't be an updated version of the Aura HD, which is a shame; however, I feel like the beautiful screen on the Aura HD will keep me from wanting to upgrade for years to come.
The screen is currently the best available, and is likely to remain among the best for a time. The CPU and memory capacity are in the top tier also. These things can not be changed on an existing device in hand, only by its replacement with an improved model. But the software is a different story, the readers (even to some little extent, the Kobo software) can and are being upgraded all the time. The AuraHD that I have now is a much improved ereader from what I received from Kobo initially. The KOreader builds have implemented a steady improvement and expansion in functionality and continues to do so. The Kobo Start Menu provides a startup user interface with options that I find much more useful than the Nickel UI that Kobo provided. There is still plenty of potential for the AuraHD's increased functionality.

If you can find an ereader with a better screen, a faster CPU, more memory, and continued development, then you should consider that instead of the AuraHD. Until then how could you do better?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote