Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #45
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I personally do not see a need for a 6 month rule. A book is only fully nominated after getting a 2nd and a 3rd. If people are not interested in reading it, or find it to be out of genre, then it will not get nominated. If it gets nominated, then there is a interest, and denying the nomination says that we do not care that there is an interest.

Storm Front, like Lolita, was a "political game", for lack of a better phrase. People nominated and/or voted for it to make a statement. As I stated earlier, I'm pretty sure Storm Front would be ignored if it was suggested for the Romance category.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote