View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #11
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
But it was always the case that the Amazon app store only allowed apps approved by Amazon, and was not a free for all like the Google store, so they knew that going in. The owners of those devices would always have been forced to root and install the Google store to gets apps that Amazon disallowed.
What has changed is that some of the rules have been published.
And the Amazon rules don't say that apps can't use GPS,... if they are available, just that they can't require GPS to be there.
But until this point, Amazon had shown no intent of disallowing those type of apps. Hell, there are apps in the store now that have the features that are disallowed, and those apps will be removed. If I was someone like Velocity, I see that the app store had all sorts of apps, and the approval process more or less verified quality and that they weren't malecious, why would I expect Amazon to then change their mind and determine what sort of apps to allow. As an app developer, if my app met the guidelines set by Amazon, and then they remove it because it has features they don't want anymore, I'd also be kinda pissed, especially since it costs to submit your app in the first place.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote