View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 AM   #21
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
Is this whole thing going to much affect the Fantasy genre? I haven't heard any of the main fantasy publisher's names thrown around, but then, I'm not that familiar with the publishing industry.
Just about all of the major SF/Fantasy imprints are going to the agent model, with the exception of Ballantine/Del Rey, which are part of Random House. My guess is that if the rest of the publishers are committed to dynamic pricing, and price ebooks higher when the paper editions are more expensive, and drop the price when they release budget print editions, Random House will set their MSRP/wholesale prices accordingly.

One area of concern for me is that if the hardcover/ebook rights are split from the mass market paperback rights, as is the case for some Stephen King bestsellers sold by Random House in hardcover and Simon & Schuster in mass market, the ebook may will get priced indefinitely to match the publisher's print edition, even though there's a much cheaper paper edition from another publisher.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote