View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by babarous View Post
Hi guys,
<snip>
2. PDF - I read a few things that intimated that it was a bit slow. I like Djvu, does anyone know if that works better than pdf (much smaller file sizes, and generally loads faster on the PC, I assume it would be faster on the ereader too)?
DJVU works o.k, however a simple comparison with PDF is not really valid. DJVU is ideal for pure image files, however most PDFs are simply formatted text. If the PDF is used as container for images then DJVU will be better, however if the source is text (rather than an image of text) then PDF is probably to be preferred (to be honest I don't think DJVU would work with this sort of original anyway).

The DJVU format is optimised for page turning which is one reason to use it where appropriate.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote