View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 04:54 AM   #4
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
Having no DRM in your ebooks is the best situation that can occur but I am trying to decide whether it is a major issue if ebooks are DRMed.
For music the answer is easy because you listen to purchased music many times over many years on a number of different devices(CD , mp3 player etc) it makes sense to have no DRM.
But for Ebooks, I read it once then delete it from my reader and will probably never read it again. It is the same with paperbacks I used to buy. Throw them in the cupboard after I finished reading them.
Should I really care that I may not be able to redownload it in a few years time?
I reckon I may even consider lower prices for ebooks that perhaps expired 1 year after purchase.
From where I live I cannot buy some american and english e-books, while I can buy paperbacks and have them sent by mail/courier.

I'm very happy about DRM: it gives me the opportunity to a better contribution to the destruction of Earth. If I downloaded that book, I'd have caused less pollution, I'd let less dangerous chemicals in the environment, and - God forgive me - I'd kept a tree alive....
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote