Thread: Glo Case for Glo
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 AM   #130
Kilvearn
Kilvearn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
The magnetic flap is very flexible so you can kind of fold it back and tuck it between the front cover and the back of the reader so that it engages with its magnetic counterpart in the same way it does when closed the 'right way round'. This would keep the flap out of the way, but it's not a very strong magnetic link when used the 'wrong way round'.

No it's lighter than many cases I've had. I think the website states 100g, which is quite light considering that the front cover seems pretty rigid to me.

For anyone trying to decide between a Slimfit and a Leather protection cover... I also have the Gecko Leather cover for my Sony PRST1 (I'm assuming it's very similar to the KoboGlo version). My observations are:
  • Leather cover is classier (burgundy colour is beautiful) but bulkier (depth ~22mm with reader in). Easy to insert and extract reader. Nice if you read mainly at home.
  • Slimfit is more compact, lighter and protects all corners of the reader better (depth ~15mm with reader in). Easy to insert reader, trickier to extract (for me). More suitable when on the go.
I like them both very much.
Thanks a lot for your answer
I still have to decide if I buy this one...
Kilvearn is offline   Reply With Quote