View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #38
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post
You should add the phrase "on ebooks that you have personally paid for" so the sentence should read:

"As a specific example, the rules should make clear that circumventing DRM on ebooks and sound recordings, on ebooks that you have personally paid for, is permitted for the purpose or exercising permitted rights, such as personally reading or listening to the material, in a format or on a device of the user's choosing."
1. Thanks for the comment!
2. Thanks for helping me catch a typo....I meant to write "purpose of..
3. Your rephrased sentence has "on ebooks" a redundant second time. ;-)
4. I disagree. It doesn't matter if the book was free, or a gift, or what have you. As long as I have the right to consume the content, I believe there should not be arbitrary interference on my exercising that right. Personally paying is not relevant.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote