View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #63
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Lightbulb GUI Interface for Windows

I've been using SoPDF a lot, so I went ahead and made a very simple GUI interface for Windows for using it. Again, I mainly made it for myself, but I thought I'd share it in case anyone else might find it worthwhile. I hope theguru or anyone else won't mind.

It looks like this:

It's very barebones, and not at all idiot-proofed. (E.g., it does not check to make sure the options make sense, it will not tell you if SoPDF encountered errors, etc.)

Usage: Extract the sopdfwin.exe file from the sopdfwin.zip file into the same directory as SoPDF.exe, and run it instead. (Or create a shortcut to it.) You choose your options, click process, and it will call SoPDF for you.

The .ahk file included in the .zip file is the source code for the GUI interface written for AutoHotKey. Make changes if you wish. AutoHotKey does not need to be installed to run the .exe, however. (It would be needed to recompile any changes, of course.)

Note, I still don't have an answer to the question about author names, etc., I posted above; that would have to be fixed on the other end. Right now, however, quotation marks are put around the filenames, and metadata fileds automatically when fed into SoPDF.

(Edited to include =X='s suggestions below.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip sopdfwin.zip (223.4 KB, 5783 views)

Last edited by frabjous; 03-03-2009 at 12:21 AM. Reason: New version of GUI interface attached; see below
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote