View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #408
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I liked 11/22/63 and loved Unbroken (not fiction, but definitely historical) which are probably the two stories closest to this that I've tackled lately, so history isn't a no go for me entirely. I think the problem with Doomsday was the pace and the audiobook format exaggerates this, since it's much slower than reading. Maybe I'll try Blackout/All Clear on 2X speed.
I have 11/22/63 on my Kindle wish list (didn't like the sample at Audible too much). The pace of Blackout/All Clear isn't much better than Doomsday book and it might be a bit confusing the first time around because it jumps around a couple of timelines, so you get the impression there are more than three main characters, but there really are only three. I don't know if double speed will help with this problem.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote