Thread: Agatha Christie
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
She was my mother's favorite author because in her opinion she "played fair" with the reader. I'm not sure I always agree with that assessment, but she is fun to read.

Here's something I've wondered for years: I seem to remember in one of her books a description of a particularly buxom woman who walked through a door and "followed her breasts across the room", but for the life of me I have been unable to find that colorful description in any of her works. Did I imagine it or confuse her with another author?
This is a description used by Terry Pratchett for Lady Sybil Ramkin, now Mrs. Sam Vimes.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote