View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #14
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I could not see removing one of my books from other retailers, unless there was a situation where it was selling well at Amazon and hardly at all anywhere else. This isn't the case for me. I sell about twice as many books at iBooks as Amazon, though Amazon is increasing.

On the other hand, since I go through Smashwords to all the other outlets, my books are usually available at Amazon almost a month before they appear anywhere else anyway. Would it be that big a deal if I gave them 90 days exclusivity?

I can't really see making a book permanently exclusive, since 99% of an indie author's marketing is exposure. I am intrigued to know however, just how many people will borrow books through the lending program. If the overall number was small, it could be very lucrative. On the other hand, if the program was popular, you might not earn much but you could have a potentially large exposure.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote