View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #24
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyegeek View Post
I am seeing from most of the replies that support (especially for purchased books) is why people prefer other formats. What I don't see is "more functional". Let me explain what I mean by functional.

When I tried to put the Bible on my reader, tried various formats to get a copy of the bible that was usable (by usable, I mean able to get to any chapter quickly and be able to read comfortably). The only format that allowed me to accomplish those goals was epub. Despite the implication of the screens in calibre, I was only able to get a working multi level TOC out of epub. The fb2 format created a single large file that choked my reader (rebooted itself or required a reset) and the mobi format only gave me a single level TOC.

One question I have is, did I miss something in formats like mobi that would allow a multi layer TOC? If not, I'm pretty sure I will be sticking with EPUB for my own work since there does not seem to be any reason not to (at least not for me).

Now maybe the next rom version will allow me to rotate and epub and I will be even happier.
You may need to try various versions in the same format. It took me 3 tries in mobi before I found a Bible that was formatted in such a way that worked for me.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote