Thread: Blank Lines
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 06:40 AM   #17
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
My preference is for indention and no blank lines, as in most printed books.

In the mobipocket ebooks I've made, I enclose every paragraph in <P></P> tags (that's what they are for, after all). It should be a feature of the reader to display the paragraphs as the user prefers. The default seems to be some indentation and a little bit (much less than a line) of vertical space. My Cybook currently does not allow this to be changed, but I wish it did, and I would keep the indentation and set the spacing to none.

The defaults can be overriden for specific paragraphs. The first paragraph in a chapter, for instance, has a larger space above and no indent, so it is <P WIDTH="0em" HEIGHT="2em"></P>
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote