View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #14
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Judging by your devilish eye for details, epub virtuosity and zest for archaisms/humorous convolutions, I'd say you're a superb candidate for rendering the works of Thomas Lovell Beddoes. Besides which, I'd love to see what you did with the indent levels of his stanzas. At the very least, have a look and see if you like reading him (if you haven't already).

The gist tilts across its virtual page here.

§§§§§§§§§§§§

As for those elusive leaders, here's an info drip from Wikipedia:

Quote:
Printed tables of contents indicate page numbers where each part starts, while digital ones offer links to go to each part. The format and location of the page numbers is a matter of style for the publisher. If the page numbers appear after the heading text, they might be preceded by characters called leaders, usually dots or periods, that run from the chapter or section titles on the opposite side of the page, or the page numbers might remain closer to the titles. In some cases, the page number appears before the text.
In other words:

I call yours abbreviated leaders because you've whittled stippled lines to single dots.

And in case you're wondering whether your diction and references to dying (in the suggestive Renaissance madrigal sense) have found a kindred ferret, have a leer at this poetic artifact.

I'd also be interested in knowing whether you happen to write poetry and/or fiction. Feel free to PM me on that subject.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-02-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Tried to remove egotistical references to my own work on a thread devoted to Pynch's.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote