View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Kavon
Kavon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Calibre 7.28 doesn't List Nook Books

Hello all! I'm a new poster although I have been a Calibre / Nook user and Forum reader for the last 2 months. I have found Calibre a wonderful tool for ebook management and have almost 1200 books in Calibre that I have transfered to my Nook. I have a 2G SD card added to my Nook and load all my sideloaded books to the SD card. Any minor problems I have had, mostly my not understanding Calibre or Nook capabilities / limitations, I've been able to solve by reading this forum. I now have a problem that has me stumped.

I softrooted my Nook 2 weeks ago. Everything went smoothly and I was able to use ADB to install the latest versions of the apps I wanted - primarily NookLibrary. Since I softrooted I have continued to use Calibre with no problems to add books to my Nook and to update metadata and resend to my Nook.

Today I updated to the latest version of Calibre 0.27.28. (I run Calibre on my Windows XP desktop.) When I connected my Nook after starting Calibre as I usually do Calibre seems to recognize that Nook is connected but doesn't list any of my Nook loaded books. I have check Windows Explorer and the SD card in the Nook is listed and does show the sub directories and books that are on the Nook. I have tried rebooting the Nook and Calibre still doesn't list any books on the Nook.

Has anyone ever seen this problem or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

I have done some additional investigation. It seems that when my Nook is plugged into my PC running Calibre, Calibre is treating Nook main memory internal SD card as if it was Card A and storing any books sent to Card A on Nook internal memory card in Author subdirectory as I have specified for books sent to Card A. When I send a book to the main Memory it is actually sent to Card A in a My Documents subdirectory. Very Strange!

Last edited by Kavon; 11-15-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Kavon is offline   Reply With Quote