View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I would put it up front.

If it's an e-book it won't have endpapers like a hardback. Therefore at the front, so the ebook reader, who often starts at the beginning of the text, rather than the TOC finds it and knows it's there.

Structurally, I'd made the Contents look a bit like this:

Table of Contents
Map of Ererwhon
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
etc

Kindles tend to default to the "start", so if the map is at the start, AFTER the TOC, rather than the back of the book, it will be seen. My paperback edition of Dune has the maps at the back, and I didn't know they were there until I got to the end. Many readers are not terribly attentive to the apparatus on the contents page of p-books; they just want to start reading and dive for the beginning.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote