View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #35
valar84
valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox + Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
OTOH if you're only really interested in reading non Kobo epub files you might want to consider an Android epub reader app of some kind and an Android tablet of some sort. Interesting comment by valar84 about the screen. It is a nice screen and others available in retail outlets might only be 800x600 or such.
I've installed Aldiko and the Kindle apps on my Kobo Vox, which allows me to read a variety of ebooks. It's just a matter of finding the APK for these apps.

The Kindle Fire and Nook tablet also have great screens, allegedly. But they're not available outside the US, and even if you import them, they are crippled by the lack of access to Amazon and B&N services. Other Android tablets in the price range of the Kobo Vox tend to have crappy screen, not only are their resolution lower (800x600 generally), but the viewing angles and brightness are lackluster. If you're not looking at the screen straight, colors fade very quickly, even invert.
valar84 is offline   Reply With Quote