View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #14430
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Robert A. Heinlein

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Small Favor was a real re-read pleasure. Loved it!

Now a short break in The Dresden Files to read a 1964 novel by Robert A. Heinlein, Farnham's Freehold, an apocalyptic and mostly post-apocalyptic tale starting in the early 60's. It's actually a re-read for me as I've previously read pretty much eveything that Heinlein wrote. But I don't normally call anything I read pre-Kindle a re-read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Hmmm. I haven't read that one in 40 years, at least. Might just be time again. I remember it with pleasure, but then my reading tastes have changed a bit over the years.
Assuming you were referring to Farnham's Freehold, I also first (and last, till now) read it in that era (actually more like 48 years ago)! I discussed it with a friend 15 years later, but didn't re-read it then. He disliked it and I, of course didn't agree. He claimed that the book was an excuse for the affair that led to his second divorce and third marraige. I disagreed.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote