View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #136
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
The Book Designer program is a pain when it comes to saving files. I occasionally lost whole novels at the beginning. This is how I do it now:

1. Put my book into BD.
2. Check that it's looking vaguely correct.
3. IMMEDIATELY click on "make book" and make a Book Designer book.
4. Carry on editing, periodically either clicking on "save" or making a book designer book (which comes to the same thing).

If, by any mischance, the computer crashes, the file is stored in
my computer/c drive/program files/Book Designer/BD.

In my opinion it is always a good idea to make a Book Designer book as well as any other version. Then it is easily retrievable if you ever want to make corrections, or have a need to make a book in another format.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote