View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:26 AM   #63
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnm View Post
Yessss .... this has evolved hasn't it

Is this where you're going?

Search & remove tools for three groups of junk (to some) files:
calibre_bookmarks.txt (which some people will want to keep)
itunes plist/artwork (which I suppose somebody will want to keep )
thumbs.db/.DS_store (OS artifacts nobody should want)

I think I missed some conversation, but are you going to search for these whether or not they're in the manifest and de-manifest them where needed if found?

Then, handled a little differently, search for & log & possibly remove unmanifested files (other than the cases above)?

That sounds really good to me.

I'd treat the itunes artwork just like the plist files.
With my last post I hadn't considered that people would want to keep plist files but yes I guess maybe some will if they continue to view via iTunes. So what you list above would be the three options of bookmarks / iTunes / OS artifacts.

And yes the change I made in 0.2.1 was to remove such files from the manifest if they had been accidentally put in there.

Quality check does the "search" and logging, that will not change. But yes the remove unmanifested and add unmanifested files options will handle the "everything else" files.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote