View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #23
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I was expecting to be able to increase/decrease the light of the paperwhite.
You can increase and decrease the light on the stock paperwhite. There are 24 light settings to play with. It gets bright enough to light a dark hallway. You just can't turn it off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A serious question - have you used a PW?

I honestly defy you to be able to tell whether or not the light is set to "1" or is off in daylight, unless you hold the PW on edge and peer down the bezel to look at the LEDs.
I've had my PaperWhite for a week. I notice the difference. The white "paper" of the screen is noticably brighter with the light on than off. In daylight I prefer it the dimmer more muted off white of off like it is when the sleep screens are engaged.
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote