View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #13
BooksForABuck
Zealot
BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Color Nook, Kindle 2, Palm III, eBookWise, HP Jornada
I think there's a point here that's worth echoing. Most of us on this site read a lot--I mean, why else would be be at MobileRead.com? Because we read and we're mobile, right? But lots of people don't read much. I think there is a market for the pure reader, but I think most reading will be done on multifunction devices. I love my eBookWise, but I read at least as much on my Palm. Why? Because I have my Palm with me all the time--I use it for other things (and it can fit in my pocket).

Some people won't read no matter what we do, but if we make it easy for them, there's a chance to get them reading. I think easy means low cost of entry--and a $350 reader is not that.

Rob Preece
Publisher, www.BooksForABuck.com
BooksForABuck is offline   Reply With Quote