View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
OpticBook 3600 and Kindle DX

Well, I've spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get the Opticbook and the Kindle DX to play nice. It has been a rousing failure.

I've tried various resolutions and colors, and if I make one page into a PDF it looks okay (not great) but the moment I try to create a multi-page document the quality goes down the hill real fast.

I'm using OpticBook just for scanning, and then bringing the TIFF (600 dpi or 300 dpi grayscale) and putting them together with Adobe Acrobat Pro. Adobe, even on the best setting for multiple files, drastically shrinks the file. Which would be okay, but there is an enormous quality loss.

If anyone has some ideas how to do this better, I'd be very interested. I'd very much like to scan a few of my books that are a bit older.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote