View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
[QUOTE=ScotiaBurrell;2229035]http://allthingsd.com/20120918/the-i...he-big-screen/[

If you own an iPhone 4S and especially if your carrier won’t let you upgrade yet at the $199 price, you may be content with just upgrading to the new software, which gives you a lot. But you’ll be stuck with the smaller screen, bulkier size and pokier cellular speed. If you own an older model iPhone, or are switching from another phone, however, the iPhone 5 is an excellent choice./QUOTE]

Pokier cellular speed?

I have the 4S running on a 3G network and have not once found it slow. My emaill is effectively instant, and I don't sit there with a stopwatch timing the arrival of a photo someone sends me. It is sent, it arrives, and when I get around to it - I look at it. The 4G network is nowhere as ubiquitous as the 3G, so the system will drop back to 3G for much of the time. The current apps have to be re-developed to take advantage of the larger screen - that will take time.

I have yet to see one reason for me to upgrade - and I don't need to finish a contract to do so. I'll stick with my 4S, I have become quite fond of it.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote