Thread: Wallander Fans
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
As a Swede I'm curious what it is about Wallander that appeals to non-Swedes. For me it was that I could instantly relate to all the settings (live 30 minutes from Ystad), every scene was extremely clear in my mind, and I began to read the books while living in Japan, so there was probably a smidgen of home sickness attached as well.

However, if you live in the Bristol or Toronto I imagine that Ystad doesn't evoke any concrete images. Hence, there must be something else.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote