View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
If you haven't tried the "Reset" option yet. Try that several times and report back your findings.

I managed to fix a "Demo" model at a Futureshop store that was really messed up. It took several resets before it would boot and react normally.

It is not "How hard" you press something in the "Reset" hole so be careful.

Do not use something too sharp. I found a wooden round tooth pick with the point broken off works great.

Something else you may want to do is hold the reset for a count of 20-30.
It may help in getting rid of any capacitive charge that might be maintained.

Usually a reset involves a cpu line but in this case I don't know if it just cuts the battery out of the loop altogether.

Go ahead and give it a try.

If you are still under warranty I would recommend conversing with C.S. even after you try this. This would record the problem. Make sure you ask for a call reference number for your records.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote